OUR CONSERVATION EFFORTS
MORE THAN A JUNGLE RESORT
Fully committed in lowering the ecological impact during our activities and operations, we create positive relationships with staff, suppliers, guides, guests, native communities and local businesses in the area that share our vision.
While staying at Tambo Blanquillo Private Amazon Reserve, you make a meaningful positive impact in the Peruvian Amazon and its local communities.
OUR SUSTAINABLE ACTIONS
WE DO OUR BIT TO KEEP THE AMAZON HEALTHY THROUGH VARIOUS ACTIONS:
- Renewable energy- Solar panel energy powers all electric equipment at the Lodge.
- Residual water systems- In order to diminish our impact on water consumption, the water from the river is cleansed through carbon filters and available for daily use.
- Reduction of combustion- By combining open departure groups that wish to share same itinerary dates and transportation, saving gas & fuel during land and river carriage fuel consumption is reduced and used more wisely.
- In efforts to reduce fossil fuel emissions, we replace old equipment with led technology.
- Local harvest- Our menu is based depending on the diversity of fruits available during certain times of the year.
- No air-conditioning- In order to save energy, we use a combination of fans and natural air that serve to ventilate and keep guests fresh within our environment.
- Reforestation campaign- We encourage each visitor to adopt a tree by planting a young cedar from our nursery and collaborate with a contribution that will make an impact in the long run.